Monday, October 18, 2010

Counting Crows' recent twitter spam


Counting Crows' Adam Duritz has averaged a tweet every 10 minutes this weekend. (Only a slight exaggeration.) Most of the tweets center on Supernatural...and a lot of other really, really random junk.

You know, I'm willing to cut a lot of slack for people with mental illnesses. At the same time, I've had great experiences with other bands' use of social media. (Thank you, Plain White T's.) Adam filled my twitter feed with nonsense, and I was annoyed.

So, at about 9 tonight, I posted the following:

@countingcrows I love your music but your twitter feed just doesn't seem to be very useful. How about new music, tour updates, news?

It simply expresses my chagrined curiosity, right? So glad I worded it that way, because Adam RESPONDED.

Answering a question: my Twitter's not just for tour schedules & basic info. It's just for whatever nonsense passes through my twisted head.
Might not always be "useful" for you but it seems to do some good for me so I like it. Anyway, it's a great view inside a nutbag's noggin.
That said, we went on tour this summer. I can list the cities for you. More info? I'm having eggs for b'fast tmw, fried sunny side up.
Don't think I've gone all "regular guy" tho. They're celebrity eggs from the "brain on drugs" commercials. Even my eggs are 100% Hollywood.

I'll admit it. I'm willing to forgive a lot of celebrities who acknowledge my existence.

But seriously, Adam...if you need someone to talk to that badly, call me! Besides, I'm a writer; I'll summarize the experience for my fellow devoted fans, and you can stop rejoicing that your twitter feed is bleeding followers.

...Did I mention I make a mean fried egg?

No comments:

Post a Comment